February 17, 2007

WIP: Irish Hiking Armwarmers

The luck of the Irish

I'm trying out cables and it's much easier than I thought it would have been. When I first tried out cables I was making it up as I went along and not following pattern and so I clearly had problems. I'm making myself a pair of Irish Hiking Armwarmers (and yes, I'm going to make a scarf to match.) I'm making the pair much longer than the way the pattern says to make it - I want mine up to pretty much where my elbows start.

Haven't done much but this is what it's like right now. The colour is not accurate here.

2 comments:

y said...

a. it looks AMAZING so far
b. holy organized you have a chart tick-off system going on and everything
c. nice lighting photography techniques

Seema Persaud said...

lol
a. thanks :)
b. yeah, I'm a nerd and needed to put the pattern into a tick-off chart so that I don't lose track of where I am and such. It's actually really convenient.
c. yeeee, loving my table lamp. It shows up the cables quite well.